Death: A Change in Times Perspective


Death: A change in Times Perspective



          PHIL 101

     There is a fear surrounding death from a religious and a social perspective. From the day you are born, every accomplishment is celebrated. The day you are born is celebrated every year, graduation, getting married. There is a negative connotation that surrounds death, wearing black, mourning and overall a sad environment .Time has helped me see that. I believe that we are born with certain characteristic traits that we can not change but our beliefs and our views can be changed. We are not the same people we were ten years ago, simply because we have experienced and lived more. In ten years we are not going to be the same, that is impossible. Experiences shape our beliefs and our values and the way we view the world. Which will eventually change the way we act in certain situations. Death was a scary thought for me until I lost my grandfather at a very young age. He always preached the idea of death being celebrated. I never quite understood that until the moment when I walked in and saw my mother on the floor crying hysterically . That was when it hit me, I was only ten years old. I will never forget that day, now I honor my grandfather by celebrating life. Those are the experiences that shape us to be who we are today. Our identity is a working progress and it is always changing. I believe that even we do not know who we truly are and every day is a day where you are presented with a choice. Who do you want to be today? Life is filled with choices and those same  choices are crucial for our identity. The choices we make  are going to speak volume when it comes to our character. We have the freedom to choose who we want to be and how we react to life and death.


Theologjia Sofi












Comments

  1. Hey Theo,
    thank you for sharing your story. Also, I really agree with you on that our identity is a working progress and it is always changing. Very well said!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment